Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Completed - Baby Booties

Yay! I've finished my first pair of baby booties! (for my friend's sister's new baby boy) They were knitted using a Debbie Bliss pattern from the baby clothes suppletment in issue 14 of Simply Knitting magazine. I have to confess to not having used the stated wool (a 4-ply) and foolishly substituting a washable DK (which was really cheap). This subsituted wool may have contributed to them ending up a bit bigger than I think they were supposed to be and to the heel becoming overly bulbous (although this subsided after I stuffed them with tissue paper!). Apart from that, I'm rather proud of them! In fact I have to admit it was fun to knit them because they were done on two needles only, and about half way through they suddenly spring into a 3D form right infront of your eyes.

1 Comments:

At 4:58 pm, Blogger Lyndsey-Jane said...

My sister was due at the time of that pattern coming out and i had great fun making these. It is so cool the way they just appear. I have to start on some more soon as the other sister is due in october.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home