Thursday, April 20, 2006

Completed - Noro Cardi

This is another first for me! The first cardi I have ever knitted!

It is a Noro pattern called 'Lizzy' from the Naturally Noro collection by Jane Ellison. I knitted it in Silver Thaw no.5 which I have to admit I was hoping would be whole lot more purple, but I still love it. The pattern itself was very simple (in fact easier than the Sirdar jumper I just finished for my boyfriend) and would probably be quick to knit for a more experienced knitter - it took me about 5 weeks on and off. The only bit I really struggled with was picking up the stitches for the frill down the front. I guess this bit wasn't so much difficult as a new experience and my maths doesn't really stand up to diving 107 stitches into easy-to-manage sections (I kept whipping my mobile phone out and using the calculator to double check!).

Anyway, as I said, I love it, and I figure that if I wear it with lots of purple it will look purpler!

2 Comments:

At 7:08 pm, Blogger Frankie said...

It's lovely - and I bet it's great to wear.

 
At 3:41 pm, Blogger Charlotte Frost said...

Thanks so much for the compliments. It is great to wear - its like a little jacket with frilly 3/4 length sleeves. I've see people on the blog-o-sphere expressing mixed opinions on Noro, but it was heaps of fun to knit with and I LOVE bright colours!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home