Saturday, April 29, 2006

Crochet Critters

I make no bones about the fact I’m quite a girlie girl and that I love a bit of kitsch - my flat is literally littered with hearts, and I even have a Popcorn the Bear knitting kit to complete – so it should come as no surprise that I quite like (some of) these new Amigurumi crocheted critters that originated in Japan and are now all over the net.

There is a dedicated blog and heaps of pictures on Flickr and while trawling through them I came across a cat, rabbit and monkey I though were cool creations (as well as a tiny bunny and some tiny Chihuahuas) and unlike that trend for collecting Beanie Babies a few years back, half the fun of these is in making (and sometimes designing) them yourself.

However, whilst looking at them I came across something even more kitsch - a pattern for crocheted Care Bears! – Its lucky I can’t crochet (yet) because I don’t think I’d be able to resist knocking up a few of these for unwitting (and probably soon to be ex-) friends! ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home