Monday, April 03, 2006

More Eternity Shawl

I've discovered the maker of Mary-Kate's Eternity Shawl. It is a designer (with a very cute website) called Suzanne Juul, and there in her Spring 2006 collection is what looks very much to me like a cotton version! (see the right-hand-side of the image)

It does seem however (if you look closely) that her original mohair ones do have a seam, so perhaps it is as simple as knitting a scarf and joining the ends? I wonder though if knitting on a circular needle would work better, or whether you wouldn't be able to knit one long enough. It would be good to find a way of making one without a seam (not least because this would make the name more appropriate)!

2 Comments:

At 5:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knitting it on circs would seem to make sense, but could you endure having one million stitches on your needle? I get discouraged at more than 100 stitches, I'm afraid....

 
At 12:32 pm, Blogger Charlotte Frost said...

Ah, good point! I've yet to try it so perhaps it was a bit optimistic! Back to the drawing board on working this one out then...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home