Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Centre-Pull Joy

Here is the yarn my SP sent me all rolled into my first ever centre-pull ball. Apparently I am quite impatient because it was all going fine and then I got in a tangle which took half an hour to sort out. I think you'll agree that it looks right at home sitting in between my hearts and butterflies.

Anyway, I tentatively cast on for my first sock and have knitted a few rows. Knitting with DPNs is kind of strange, but the rosewood seems to help as they don't drop out of the wool, which I had heard was a problem with aluminium. Oh and the yarn, or is it the needles, smell lovely. My SP must have a very fragrant home!

2 Comments:

At 7:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It´s the yarn. I´ve read that you like the smell of lavender, so I put a few drops of natural lavender oil on the yarn.
Oh, and the yarn ball really looks lovely between these beautiful hearts and butterflies!
Have a nice day,
your Secret Pal

 
At 10:13 am, Blogger Charlotte Frost said...

Oh wow! What a wonderful I idea, I had never thought of that. But last night when I was knitting with it I really noticed it and was finding it very calming. Thanks so much, its so thoughtful!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home