Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Completed - Evening Scarf

I've just finished an evening scarf in Firefly ladder yarn by Sirdar. To be honest, I didn't really follow a pattern - it was at my Mum's house - but just cast on 16 stitches and knitted to a length that felt comfortable, and then added fringing. The colour I used was (of course) pinks and purples which is shade no.0885.

The yarn was a little difficult to knit with at the start, I kept splitting stitches by going through the sides of the ladder. The only real problem was when I dropped a stitch, which immediately laddered down several rows (perhaps THAT'S why they call it ladder yarn), and had to unpick.

This picture doesn't really do it justice, but as I couldn't work out how to take a picture of it on me, I thought I'd knot it all up and show off the colours and silky fringing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home