Thursday, May 04, 2006

Completed (a while ago!) - Lilac Bag

I thought I would post a picture of this bag I knitted last year. In fact it was a Christmas present from my brother! He bought me the pattern, yarn, needles and bag handles so that I was all set up and ready to go because he knew I (like his girlfriend) was getting into knitting. Great present no?!

The yarn was a bit tricky to knit with, and I ended up with one side bigger than the other and didn't have the faintest idea how to make it up. In the end I recruited a family friend who is a whizz with textiles (which comes from the endless sewing of sequins onto her daughters roller skating dresses). She put a gorgeous lilac satin lining in it and made it look even all the way round.

As you can almost see from this picture, I use the side of my wardrobe as a storage facility/display for handbags, purses, clutches and various bits of jewellery, and I find that although its a lovely bag to take out, more than anything, this bag looks gorgeous just hung up with other pretty things!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home