Sunday, June 11, 2006

Little Knits

I just wanted to show these little knits off.
I bought them at the beginning of the year at an Anthroplogie in Chicago. They were on sale and were a crazy $8.00 each! I just had to have them because of all the detailing which makes them look so glamorous - despite the fact they are only a few inches in size.
I wish I'd bought more of them though. There were about 10 different styles and I thought I'd be relatively cautious and just buy four, but now I wish I could add to the collection.
I display them on my wall in bedroom, in between some paintings and photos, where they look just perfect because my bedroom (with its deep metallic pink walls) is rather boudoir-ish and is the perfect setting for such tiny tricotage!

4 Comments:

At 3:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could probably whip a few of them up on your own, using laceweight yarn or DMC Pearl Cotton and 000 needles, together with some beads, wire, and spare bits of fabric. Check earthfaire.com or swallowhill creations.com - they both sell supplies to knit with beads.

 
At 3:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.heartstringsfiberarts.com/minisweater.shtm

 
At 9:58 am, Blogger Charlotte Frost said...

Thanks, good point, I should try knitting them myself. Great links too!!!

 
At 3:16 pm, Blogger Louise said...

blimey - looks like those are knit on cocktail sticks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home