Friday, June 02, 2006

Sneak Peek at Sock Progress 2!

Look at my lovely sock! I'm thrilled with it. I know you read about how much people love sock knitting all across the blog-o-sphere, and I know I thought I might rather enjoy it too, but I am in love with it - totally!!! I was discussing it with Louise the other night (when we really ought to have been discussing the art lecture/book launch we had just attended) and I said that I love how compact it is and how comfortably you can settle down with a bit of sock knitting - or indeed take it with you. I love how quick and easy it is to slip round and round in circles and how neat the little stitches look, I mean, I love big, chunky wool too, but there is something unbelievably satisfying about a neat little knitted row of v-shapes! At this point I realise that I should calm down and remember that it is only knitting, but honestly, this sock stuff is fun!

Another reason I must not get carried away is the simple fact that I haven't finished it yet, and on top of that, who knows if I've 'turned the heel' correctly or done the gusset right?! I think it looks right and I think I understand how to do the toe section and graft it, but I will have to wait and see. Unfortunately I will have to wait longer than I'd like because I am working on a tiny little gift for my Secret Pal and two larger scale projects for for two Geminis who are very special to me and gifts for them are more important than my sock!

4 Comments:

At 5:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

where's the second one then eh? :)

 
At 5:19 pm, Blogger Charlotte Frost said...

No fair!!! I'm going as quick as I can! ;-)

 
At 3:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I´m very proud of you :-) For me, the heel and the gusset look alright. I enjoyed reading your post and I´m really happy that you like sock knitting so much!
Your Secret Pal

 
At 6:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your sock! The yarn looks lovely and I'm deeply jealous of your rosewood needles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home