Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Secret Pal 8 Questionnaire No.2

1) What is your favorite season of the year?
I would have to say Winter or maybe Autumn. I used to be a summer girl and a real sun worshipper but now I find it too hot and I really love wool, mohair, angora, cashmere, tweed, leather, suede and all the other winter staples too much to be a summer girl. (I am now of course hankering for my winter wardrobe despite the heatwave!)

2) Where is your favorite vacation spot?
Hmmm. I really haven't had a holiday in a long time (violins please!) as my trips away are taken up with conferences these days (oh woe is me), but I do adore New York and San Francisco. I'm no longer a fan of sunny holidays where you just lie around all day, so cities suit me.

3) If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be?
Definitely Russia. I have had a long hankering to see Moscow and StPetersburg, but I'd also love to see Australia, China and Peru - oh and right now I keep fantasizing about a trip to Venice with my beau.

4) If you could pick any job, and be paid well, what would it be?
Hmmm, well I don't have any aspirations to do very much other than what I am training to do, so I would like to be an art critic/curator/historian and be well paid (which of course is extremely unlikely in the visual arts). Otherwise I guess everyone would like to be a travel writer and see the world for free...

5) If you were going on vacation for 1 week, and had to take ONLY one project with you, what would it be?
Right now I am champing at the bit to knit a Clapotis and am trying to make myself wait until I can find the yarn I'm in love with (Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb in 'Valentine'), and the stitch markers (unless I do a purl stitch), and the time to really enjoy it, so a fictitious holiday (THERE WILL BE NO WEEK LONG VACATION FOR ME ANY TIME SOON) would be perfect!

6) If you won a shopping spree to your favorite Yarn shop, what would you get??
Well, Lion and Lamb in 'Valentine' of course, I think Clapotis needs 3 skeins. In addition to that I'd also like some more sock yarn and a couple of balls of Kidsilk Haze in a pale pink colour to knit a gift for a friend. I'd probably also buy Stephanie Pearl McPhee's Knitting Rules and some of those crazy over size needles that are like broom handles. But I really don't want a stash that takes over my flat, so I have rather modest desires ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home