Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Sock Research

Ugh, I'm having problems with blogger again. I wrote a post on my recent activities but when I publish it it messes up the layout of my entire blog. I know the pictures are the right size, so I just don't get it...

Anyway, in addition to knitting the things it the (above mentioned) post which I will one day actually publish. I have also been looking at all things sock related in order to learn as much as possible before I take the sock plunge again. I have to admit I quite like the idea of always have a pair of socks on the go as they make quite hypnotic knitting.

I found this aritcle on Knitty which provides lots of helpful hints and tips, and a new pal at my knitting group has given me an Opal pattern to look at. Then I found a guide (scroll to bottom of GK site) on Get Knitted which helps you calculate socks (I think the fact my first pair fitted was a bit of a fluke). Finally, I have been gazing at lots of sock yarns. Now I definitely prefer variegated ones that knit up all different colours, or self striping, because plain colours look a bit boring to me - unless you are knitting a complicated pattern like lace and I don't know how to do that yet. I also loved how warm the wool from my first pair was and I think that that should be the benefit of hand knitted socks, so I've been looking for (easy care) wool, cashmere and angora.

3 Comments:

At 5:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.busyhandsyarn.com/catalog.php?item=730&catid=1824%20Cotton%20by-Mission%20Falls&ret=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.busyhandsyarn.com%2Fcatalog.php%3Fpage%3D1%26category%3D1824%2520Cotton%2520by-Mission%2520Falls

This colour reminded me of you

 
At 6:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's also some nice yarn available here:http://theyarnblog.blogspot.com/

 
At 6:04 pm, Blogger Charlotte Frost said...

Correct, these yarns are VERY me!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home