Friday, August 11, 2006

Doh!

I too, like KnitYoga, am confusabled. I bought some Lamb's Pride and knitted the whole of the Clutch You'll Never Give up from Leigh Radford's One Skein, only to run out of yarn before the end! I checked my gauge and it was right and all the details of the yarn were right, so how did this happen???

Luckily, because it is knitting in the round I didn't mind frogging the whole thing as it was relaxing knitting in the first place. Now I am going to re-knit and take out a few of the straight rows, but really, I don't know how it ended up so big.

I'm off to look at the One Skein KAL to see if anyone there can shed any light...

4 Comments:

At 3:06 pm, Blogger Piglottie said...

Cant help sorry, but hope you get it sorted. Let us know how you get on because I've been looking at this for a present for someone.

 
At 9:12 pm, Blogger Kahla said...

I've made this a couple of times, but I never actually ran out of yarn...guage isn't too important in felting, but maybe your was off enough to affect how much yarn?

I did decide NOT to use the long-tail cast-on to help conserve yarn...maybe that would help.

Try here for gusset help:
http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring04/PATTsueet.html

 
At 9:16 am, Blogger Charlotte Frost said...

Thats how you do gussets! That is how you do gussets! Oh no! I really didn't get that from the book and have done something completely different! Of course, now I see this article it makes perfect sense!

 
At 3:25 pm, Blogger Kahla said...

I'm sure that whatever you did will turn out just fine...have you felted it yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home