Thursday, August 10, 2006

Finally MY WASH CLOTHS!

So here, finally, is a picture of the wash cloths I have been working on. I still have a tiny bit of Sirdar cotton left, and will try and stretch it out to one more cloth, but I had knitted a second bobble one and ran out, so I will have to be creative...

Apart from the garter stitch stripe, which obviously I didn't need a pattern for, the patterns all came from the Dishcloth Boutique. I'm really excited with them because I have knitted a bobble pattern and tiny cables for the first time and I think it was great practice! Although, as I said previously, I'm desperate to get hold of some Sugar'n Cream cotton in all those fabulous bright colours and I'd like to give the Mason Dixon Ball Band pattern a whirl.

Mind you, knitting wash cloths isn't all I've been up to. Thanks to Piglottie (who is the fabulous person I've been spoiling through SP8) I've learnt how to make soap and I would like to proudly unveil a little stack of a coconut oil and coco butter-based soap that I've recently made.

I have scented the soap with Cardamom and Vanilla and am calling it Posh Spice (well, I am from Hertfordshire!). I am utterly thrilled with it, in fact I don't think I can even express how exited I was when I had a shower this morning with soap I had made myself!!! My first batch went wrong, but this lot, I am happy to report (after the agonising 4 week wait for it to cure) has turned out brilliantly. Hurrah!

2 Comments:

At 9:46 am, Blogger Piglottie said...

How exciting to see your first batch of soap!!! Well done. And the wash cloths look great - agree with you about the Sugar n Cream cotton (although Rowan Handknit DK do some wonderful bright zesty acidy colours!).

 
At 6:49 pm, Blogger Lyndsey-Jane said...

WOW! The soap sounds as if it smells divine. If only the internet had scratch n sniff. Your washclothes are really cool too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home