Sunday, August 13, 2006

More Sock Research

I have realised that I don't like it very much when I don't have several projects on the go - or at least to think about, so although I have just started a couple of things, I'm also wanting to get some more socks going. With that in mind, I've been doing some more sock research.

I have found a really nice and simple looking Sock pattern, which I think might be a good one to do next, or perhaps the one at Sock 101. My Secret Pal sent me a wonderful book with heaps of pretty sock patterns in it, but all the ones I really like are for more experienced sock knitters, so I think I need to find my feet (sorry couldn't help that one) a bit first.

I also had a look at Sock Knitters and found lots of useful resources and more free patterns. And then I had a look at lots of sites which help you calculate how many stitches to cast on and how many to use for the heel etc. These included one at Socks 101, the famous one by Elizabeth Bennett, and a useful conversion chart so I can see how long a UK size 3 foot, for example, is in inches and centimeters.

Finally, I found either cute sock blockers or budget ones...

Now all I have to do is choose some yarn!

2 Comments:

At 12:30 am, Blogger Lyndsey-Jane said...

I have just discovered the sock blockers from Knitting Interrupted. I am going to do my best 'i'm such a lovely daughter' routine when i see my mum on Weds as I really really want I pair and figure as its my bday soon...I have contacted Becky who makes them and she has said that she will find out postage for me and hopefully I will commision a 'yarn addict' pair. The coat hanger thing was v. interesting tho for the mean time as i don't block my socks at the mo. Get knitted have some plain wooden ones as well.

 
At 10:02 am, Blogger Charlotte Frost said...

Aren't they fabulous?! I think I would want to commission a pair covered in purple, pink and red hearts, but as my birthday approaches I realise I have done enough whining and might have to leave this one till Christmas! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home