Sunday, August 27, 2006

Piece de Resistance

I have been SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO desperate to show this off, but I wanted to put on some purple gear and get my Dad (and his good camera and better knowledge of photography) and do it justice.

This (drum roll please) is the final part of my final package from my Secret Pal Tanja.

It is a shrug I saw on someone's blog a while back (the pattern is from Elann) and had fallen for in a big way. I noted it in my blog in the hope that one day I might be able to knit it, but lamented the fact it wouldn't be for a looooooooooong time! And then Tanja saved the day and knitted it for me!!!

What I love about it is that from the front, it looks like a simple lacy shrug, but then you see the back...
where there is this gorgeous, deep 'v' of lace and fringing, right down to my bottom! These photographs don't quite do it justice in that, in fact, it is a really pretty lilac (and not the pale blue it looks here) and as such, goes with practically all of my wardrobe. Oh and Tanja bought one skein too many and sent me that too, so I might be able to knit a little extra something to go with it!
I can't begin to tell you how much I love it, and indeed how much I love my Secret Pal for making it for me! Yipee!!!

7 Comments:

At 6:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It suits you perfectly! I´m so happy :-)
Your Secret Pal Tanja

 
At 9:28 pm, Blogger Lyndsey-Jane said...

Loving that shrug, it gorgeous! Your SP sounds lovely and so kind and clever to knit you something you really wanted.

 
At 12:48 pm, Blogger Piglottie said...

What a wonderful secret pal you have had, and what a thoughtful and generous gift to send! I love the shrug, especially the unexpected surprise of the back. It looks great on you!

 
At 12:52 pm, Blogger Princessdeia said...

The shrug is lovely, and what a lovely treat from your SP

 
At 3:27 am, Blogger mjm knitting said...

Hey CF

Happy Birthday from across the atlantic.
Hope you have a wonderful day, and that you like the prezzies I sent.

Cheers
Melinda
x

 
At 12:29 pm, Blogger CelticCastOn said...

ohhhh love the shawl, it looks great on you.

 
At 11:34 am, Blogger gilraen said...

It is a fabulous knit and looks georgeous on you! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home