Monday, August 14, 2006

Soap Wrapping


I have been having trouble deciding how to wrap my soaps. This is my most recent attempt using tissue paper, some see-through textured paper and some metalic elastic. The first few I gave away were just wrapped in tissue paper and they didn't look nice enough. I like the idea of using much sturdier paper, like wrapping paper, for example, or maybe some recycled or hand-made paper. These look ok, but I think I will keep experimenting till I get it right...

Anyway, I am taking these ones up to Sheffield to my friend Emily who has kindly agreed to put me up for the night at very short notice!

1 Comments:

At 3:09 am, Blogger Lyndsey-Jane said...

Hi, they look great! I think I know the type of paper you are striving at - not as thick as wrapping paper but not as thin as tissue and maybe with a slight wax to it so it withstands some moisture? Have you been to Lush? They sell handmade soaps etc and the paper they wrap them in is thin enough to be delicate whilst sturdy and slightly moisture resistance. I have no idea where to source anything like that but if i see any in my travels will let you know. Have fun in Sheffield.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home