Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Wash Cloth Update

Edit: I did NOT knit the wash cloths below. I am feeling really fraudulent! I posted the picture to say how much cuter they are than the ones I've been working on (due to cute Ball Band Pattern) and how cute the yarn is (which I believe is Sugar'n Cream). I'm really sorry to their real maker Compulsive Unraveler for any confusion!

I have been knitting away on my wash cloths which are intended to go with the handmade soaps I've just been learning to make (thanks to the person I am spoiling through Secret Pal - who is ace by the way!). I thought a handmade soap and a handmade wash cloth would be a really lovely gift and it would be good to get the cloths ready while waiting the month it takes for the soaps to cure.

Anyway, I have been using a chequered pattern, a bobble pattern, an easy cable pattern and some garter stitch stripes (I'll post pictures soon). I really like how they have been coming out, and I am trying to finish up all my Sirdar cottons this week so that I can get going on a gift for a friend, but after trotting round some knitting blogs I discovered a huge fashion for knitting the Mason Dixon Ball Band Dishcloth (show above) and even found a Flickr gallery dedicated to them. It looks like a really cute pattern and I love the two tone colours and the fact lots of people have done them in really kitsch colourways. However, I think the pattern is in the book and I can't stretch to a copy right now, so I'll have to wait to give it a go.

6 Comments:

At 9:39 am, Blogger KnitYoga said...

The washcloths look fantastic! I've just bought the Mason-Dixon book and it has a few patterns in it that I'd like to try at some time.

 
At 10:58 am, Blogger Charlotte Frost said...

Oooooooooh, Garterlac cloth looks fab! I think I might have a go at that later!!! Thanks so much!

 
At 9:22 pm, Blogger Piglottie said...

They look gorgeous - I love the colours! Have to agree with your post above. Knitters in the States are so lucky with the yarns they can get and the excellent prices of some of them. Maybe you need a holiday across the pond?!

 
At 2:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH THE HORROR. You had better get some pics up of the wash clothes you've knitted there missy so that we can compare with the photo of the ones you fraudulently had us all thinking you had knitted yourself. I think I have to go lie down now.....

 
At 2:14 pm, Blogger Charlotte Frost said...

I will, I will, when I'm back at home and have my camara with me. I feel so silly; I really wish I had knitted all those cuter ones!

 
At 2:20 pm, Blogger mjm knitting said...

i was so shocked i didn't even log in properly on my previous post. how sad is that. i will definatley be telling that one to your brother. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home