Sunday, February 04, 2007

AWOL

Well, I guess I've been AWOL from knitting-blog-land for quite a while and its time I got to grips with things.

I have been doing a very small amount of knitting, but I have absolutely no proof, so you'll have to take my word for it. (Its funny how quickly you fall out of the habit of recording your knit-complisments!). At the end of last year I managed to turn out a pair of socks for my cousin and a lacy scarf for my friend Jess. The lacey scarf was a triumph because it was in Kid Silk Haze and although it wasn't a hard pattern as such (and was leant to me very kindly by my knitting pal Mandy), it was my first lace project and my first stab at the wonderful KSH. I wish I had a picture to show it off, but it now lives in Chicago and I know its owner is way too busy to be snapping shots of it for my lil' old blog! I guess you'll have to take it from me that it was mighty purty! Oh and I've also knitted another One Skein Wonder Clutch, but have failed to felt it - yet!

Right now I have several UFOs on the needles. I have a magenta alpaca shawl which is sooooo boring to knit that I've lost the will to go on with it right now - despite being desperate to wear it. I'm also unable to finish my Central Park Hoodie, which despite getting off to speedy start has also lost its interest for now. Instead I'm trying to get back on the horse/needles with a pair of socks, but my knitting mojo is at an all time low, so I don't hold out much hope of finishing them either.

At the root of all this knitting apathy was a hideous end to 2006. Without doubt I have been trying to get through the worst few months of my life and knitting really isn't doing it for me right now. Although most people seem happy to use their blog to really open up, I think part of my problem has been a complete inability to open up with anyone and so I've remained silent. Now, however, I have some exciting news that I want to share and a new blog which has become my venting ground for now.

Next September 2007, in honour of a friend of mine who died last October and in aid of the charity her family chose to benefit from the collection at her funeral, the Rainbow Trust Children's Charity, I will be doing a trek across Peru to Machu Picchu! This is a huge undertaking for me because I am a not at all sporty and am a bit too keen on 5 star hotels to rough it on mountain-sides, but it wouldn't be worth doing if it was easy now would it?! I am so excited and am excercising for the first time in my life and learning how to fundraise for charity and you can read all about what I'm up to instead of knitting at my new blog!

And if you are at all inclined, you could post my logo and thermometer to your own blog to raise awarness across the blog-o-sphere!


I'm really hoping some fellow knitters might sponsor me or offer fundraising advice as I know a lot of you do your own charity work?!

So that's where I'm at. I do hope to show some knitting progress soon, but I'm also enjoying my Peru progess too now...

6 Comments:

At 4:27 am, Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

Wow! That's quite the undertaking!!

 
At 12:40 pm, Blogger Piglottie said...

Its great to hear from you and am so sorry life is treating you horribly at the moment. Dont force the knitting if your mojos gone - it will return, one day. But how exciting is your trip!!!

 
At 6:10 pm, Blogger Lyndsey-Jane said...

I had been wondering if all was ok? You go girl!

 
At 8:14 am, Blogger BrownPants said...

I'm so sorry about your friend. What a wonderful way to remember her. Good luck! I hope things improve soon

 
At 10:46 pm, Blogger mjm knitting said...

i will be your witness for the knitting of the second one skein wonder clutch, as i was there, and what colour other than purple could it possibly be...but PINK, and for the kid silk haze scarf as i saw you rip it back a row or two, a few times while sitting in the lounge trying to be quiet during the non purl rows.

 
At 5:26 pm, Blogger Charlotte Frost said...

Thanks for all the encouragement y'all! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home