Thursday, September 13, 2007

thank you!

Before I head off trekking in Peru, there is just enough time to tell you that the yarn auctions went brilliantly and raised £126.20, thanks to Kerrie at HipKnits. Piglottie's auctions and cards this year have gone fantastically well and she has raised a whopping £624.92!!! Can you believe it??!! This means that my knitting pals alone have raised just over £750!!! The knitting community have therefore been hugely responsible for helping me exceed my original target of £5,000 and getting me well on my way to the £8,000 I'm now hoping for! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU everyone who as been involved, I'm quite simply beyond grateful for your support! (I'm also thrilled that I won the Knit Picks Options auction and have a sparkly set of circular needles waiting for me when I get home!)

I also wanted to show a picture of the Central Park Hoodie, which I finally finished a few weeks ago. I've been meaning to get a picture of me in it - seeing as I have pretty much lived in it since I finishing - but this will have to do. At least it is evidence that I finally got there!


Now I'm off to Peru!

3 Comments:

At 6:32 pm, Blogger Piglottie said...

You are most welcome hun! And the CPH looks gorgeous. Your Knitpicks should be with you soon :)

 
At 10:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish you all the best for your trip. The top looks very nice too.

 
At 6:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are going to need that Hoodie in Peru! Stay warm and come home safely. XX

 

Post a Comment

<< Home