Sunday, November 11, 2007

More Loopy Behavior

Ravelry is so much fun, I keep forgetting I have a blog and fail terribly to keep it updated. My only attempt at a defence is that I've noticed a lot of other people's blogs slow down since they got on Ravelry, so its not just me! ;-)

I am in fact being very prolific. On the one hand I'm experimenting with lots of techniques. After having a go at Magic Loop, I set my sights on Moebius, and below is evidence that I managed it! Thanks so much to Gilraen, who has an amazing moebius wrap that I am jealous of (which I found on Ravelry), I read up on the technique and gave a it a go. The yarn is Colinette Prism that Piglottie gave me ages ago and I have been saving for something special. I really want to turn it into a moebius wrap for my shoulders like the Cat Bordhi Caplet. I didn't, however, get much further than this attempt as my cast-on was a bit lumpy, so I need to do it with a cable cast-on next time. And there will be a next time, after the set up, its just knitting round and round and round...
I have also been working on lots of Christmas presents and when I'm finished I will show them all off at once.

4 Comments:

At 12:54 pm, Blogger Piglottie said...

Magic Loop and moebius! Well done you :) Cant wait to see the finished article as it will look gorgeous.

 
At 9:33 pm, Blogger gilraen said...

Well done!! It looks fantastic. :)

Yep waiting on the FO now ;) :D

 
At 2:29 pm, Blogger Sandybeth said...

I see that you have accomplished your Central Park Hoodie project and it looks great! I've just come across it recently and am unable to obtain the pattern as it's no longer in print. Would it be possible for you to email me a copy, please?

 
At 12:59 pm, Blogger Charlotte Frost said...

Sandybeth, I don't know what the etiquette is exactly, but I think you need to contact the publisher or the designer and ask them how you might obtain a copy in the appropriate fashion. Sorry if I sound like a stick-in-the-mud?! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home