Friday, December 28, 2007

All Things Chocolate

Other things I made for people for Christmas included these Chocolate Truffle Macaroons (Nigella and I collaborated on this one...ha, ha). They are a basic Nigella version of the chocolate macaroon with my secret recipe alcoholic chocolate ganache! I think I can safely say I'll be putting Laduree out of business soon, don't you?! ;-)
And I did my first painting in years (after a refresher course earlier on in the year). It is an acrylic painting on paper of my Mum's dog Coco. Coco is a Gordon Setter, and should be black with tan paws and muzzle, but due to a recessive gene she is a glorious (and rare) chocolate colour. She didn't pose for this picture, she is seldom still, so I made it up from several shots of her including one of her hanging over the back stable-style door. Finally, and a little less chocolatey. On New Year's day we (Mum, Dad, my cousin's family and me if I make it after New Year's celebrations in London) will be eating this Nigella recipe chocolate and chestnut ice cream meringue stack.
Mmmmmmmmmmmm....

2 Comments:

At 12:39 pm, Blogger Piglottie said...

The painting is fabulous! And you are making me hungry :) Have a wonderful New Year's Eve and I hope 2008 is a joyous one for you. *hugs*

 
At 4:04 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful picture and all your Xmas pressies look fab - I'm checking out ravelry and have one word to say to you - 'nalbinding'! I've just started having a go after seeing a friends wonderful beanie and mittens. Try http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nalbinding/ for more info, I managed to do it after watching some of the Finnish tutorial videos. Very exciting!

Anyway, Happy New Year to you, Love, Liz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home