Monday, January 07, 2008

Jane's Birthday

It was my boss' birthday today and I made her this cake, which is Nigella Lawson's Birthday Custard Sponge (from Feast). The sponge has custard powder in it, as does the butter cream filling, and then you made a runny chocolate icing which your pour all over the top till it runs down the sides in dollops....mmmmmmmmmmm!!!
And I also made these soaps. They are the basic coconut oil and cocoa butter soap that I find easiest to make, scented with sandalwood and, although you can't see it, they are half blue and half white. They were supposed to be marbled but the mixture was too thick to marble properly so they are actually just unevenly blue and white, which looks pretty anyway - thank goodness. I have called them Once in a Blue Moon, as I promised Jane some homemade soaps almost a year ago!

2 Comments:

At 11:47 pm, Blogger Piglottie said...

Luscious cake, and your soap looks gorgeous!

 
At 7:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Charlotte - those soaps look so professional - I love the "I find easiest to make"!!! You MAKE soap!!!!!! How brilliant!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home