Sunday, January 20, 2008

Nail Varnish Needles

I make no bones about the fact I'm not a stasher. The thought of piles of unknitted yarn littering my pristine palace of a flat fills me with horror, if I can't stick it in my knitting basket then I'm not keeping it! However there is something I will hoard: nail varnish! I have about 30 bottles of nail varnish in every shade of pink, purple, red and blue-ish that you can think of. So when I saw a post about using nail varnish to paint the tops of your wooden knitting needles, I felt I was more than prepared to have a go...

And here are the finished needles. I only have two pairs of wooden needles, so I used my favourite shade of purple on the 5mms and magenta on the 4mms. Don't they look pretty?! The nail varnish looks really good and as though I actually bought them that way.

And here they are again posing in a pretty dish with some divine ribbon I picked up in Liberty recently.
Its probably lucky I don't have more plain wooden needles or I think I could have got really carried away...

4 Comments:

At 11:24 pm, Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

You might be able to paint a set of bamboo dpns...

 
At 9:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh it works for me - I am playing tomorrow!!!

 
At 1:36 pm, Blogger Piglottie said...

They look gorgeous!

 
At 12:56 pm, Blogger Charlotte Frost said...

DPNS, don't even get me started, I think I could do hundreds of these! Get stuck in Cherry, its too much fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home