Friday, February 08, 2008

Fluffy Flowers

The other day I saw this and just had to join in, so I did this:

I found old and indeed odd (as in single) green knitting needles that used to belong to my Grandmother, and attached what were in fact ready-wound mini yarn balls from my little stash of leftovers.

Clockwise from top left we have some magenta acrylic I bought to play with when I first decided to have a go at this knitting malarkey; then there is the pink texere chunky I used for Jess' Juliet; below that is bit of my Central Park Hoodie and Georgie's One Skein Wonder; and finally there is a ball of Rowan plaid which was left over from my first proper knitting project, a poncho I didn't do a tension square for, which turned out to be a bit on the large side! Now they are all prettying up my mantle piece - as if it needed it what with the flocked heart wallpaper and masses of red and pink glass ornaments - reminding me of projects past, without wilting, genius!

3 Comments:

At 6:47 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

those fluffy flowers are cute.

 
At 4:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I think I might pinch it! Now I'll just have to move aside the zillions of invitations to glitterati events that fill my mantlepiece....... (I wish)

 
At 12:22 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home