Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day - I Heart YOU!

On Ravelry you can add people’s work to your ‘favourites folder’, which means they get a little heart next to that project on their own projects page and you can regularly gaze at their piece from your own ‘notebook’. I cannot begin to express how proud I am of the 11 hearts – and counting - I have been given for my modified cupcake, or the also 11 hearts I’ve so far received for my Central Park Hoodie. To me, its like having someone come over and air-kiss you backstage at the showing of your latest collection, at New York or Milan maybe (I'm clearly fantasising), while saying ‘I’m just loving your work dahhhhhling’

ONLY THIS TIME ITS SINCERE!

Since getting on Ravelry I’ve been having a creative epiphany because you can wander through so many different styles of creativity in one place, and although I’m always hearting people’s work, I think its about time I started having a round-up on my blog and saying it more loudly. In view of the fact it is Valentine’s Day, which is one of my most favourite times of the year (whether I have a boy to spoil me or not) because all the shops fill with hearts and everything is red and pink and purple, I’m sending out some love y’all! So, to the following craftsters I’m saying: ‘Happy Valentines, I’m just loving your work dahhhhhling! xxxxxx’

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

In no particular order I bring you:

Greta the Pup by Roman Sock aka 'Wibit' on Ravelry

Its crochet for heaves sake! How??? (image belongs to Roman Sock)

Absolutely anything by Little Cotton Rabbits aka 'bunny knitter' on Ravelry...
...especially, the rabbits! (image belongs to Little Cotton Rabbits)

Blossom Cape by 100 Mile Fiber Fest aka 'AlphaMango' on Ravelry. You'll need to follow the link for this one. She knows I hate her because I told her so already! ;-)

Doll Knits by Two Swallows aka 'twoswallows' on Ravelry I don’t have a doll, but I do have a thing for mini-stuff! (image belongs to Two Swallows)

A 'freeform' crochet Travel Case by Janice Rosema aka 'janro' on Ravelry.

Freeform, as I understand it is working without a pattern and just letting your imagination take over. I've lifted this picture from Ravelry for those who aren't on it, as there is no link to this project on her blog, which I hope is ok?! (image belongs to Janice Rosema)

Betz White’s Cup of Joe pin cushions I loved the cupcake versions and I love these. I think they are all sold, so you can’t rush and get me one, but you can join in the applause! (image belongs to Betz White)

There’s so much more to talk about, but this will have to do for now…

You’ll note that in accordance with my efforts to keep abreast of all that is new, exciting and just damned delicious in the world of crafting, I’m making more of an effort to keep my ‘Blogs I Like’ list up to date. I would like to apologise however to Purl This and Roxy Knits for the fact that I’ve of course been pals with you both for a while, but completely dropped the ball when it came to listing you. And I should also say that Purl This (aka 'Ladylungdoc' on Ravelry) is an absolute gem for always sending me links to things she thinks I’d like and generally keeping me abreast of all things knitterly. Just because I don’t always manage to put all your project suggestions into action doesn’t for a second mean I don’t LOVE receiving them or love spending hours, when I should be PhD-ing, perusing online yarn retailers to ponder my future purchases.

(You might also note that I’m becoming a bit promiscuous – on the craft front that is – and I’m listing blogs by crafters whose work I shall probably never be able to emulate, which reaches into sewing and all sorts – but its all about keeping my inspiration levels up and simply being in the loop/in love ;-) ♥)

7 Comments:

At 4:49 pm, Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

Happy Valentine's day to you as well!

 
At 7:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said! (About the inspiration levels) These are all great!!

 
At 7:09 pm, Blogger Oiyi said...

Yes, I agree that the Ravelry Hearts are awesome! I love Little Cotton Rabbits work also.

 
At 2:34 pm, Blogger julie said...

Hi Charlotte - thanks for the lovely comment about my bunnies and a belated happy valentines to you too!xxx

 
At 5:58 pm, Blogger Ilix said...

great pictures, I love that function about Ravelry too! I saw your CPH, it looks great! How much yarn did you use?

 
At 4:09 pm, Blogger Charlotte Frost said...

I'm afraid I don't know how much yarn I used for my CPH. I remember working it out at the time, becuase my Mum chose me some Cascade 220 quatro on a trip to Canada, and I know she bought me well over the amount as we wanted to be sure we had enough - I had about a skein and half, if not two whole skeins over. But I'm a size 8 and most likely knitted the smallest size and I'm pretty sure used a comparable amount to that stated in the pattern. Sorry I can't be more help...

 
At 8:09 pm, Blogger RoxyK said...

No need to apologise at all and thanks for the mention ;)

I really love the doll and especially that rabbit. Very cute indeed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home