Monday, February 25, 2008

Scarfidge

Here's a little scarfidge for a Monday morning. This, finally, is me showing off my Amy R. Singer Montego Bay scarf (pattern from Interweave Knits, Summer 2007) in the Jorgenhurst Fine Fibers 100% mohair that Melinda gave me last Christmas. The really elegant colour change in this yarn just kept crying out for holes, as far as I was concerned, so it took me ages to find the right pattern and although Montego Bay is usually knit in a drapey silk, I decided the pattern would still bring this yarn to life - and I'm very happy with the results. The pattern is really easy and after a good blocking all the diagonal holes showed up beautifully. They also make it extra warm, so despite the fact its not a really long scarf, its an extremely effective neck warmer. In fact must admit I've lived in this scarf over the last few months. Its often over the back of the chair in my study ready to snuggle up to while I'm working, and as it goes well with all my clothes it gets taken out a fair amount too!I haven't managed to get a decent shot of the holes in all their glory, but here is another picture of it posing next to other treasured scarves in my bedroom.

2 Comments:

At 8:07 pm, Blogger Oiyi said...

It's lovely!

 
At 1:05 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so pretty! I think the pattern goes great with that yarn, too...and it's stunning with your blue jacket!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home